What is Yoga? Answers to the frequently asked questions
July 12, 2011 § 4 Comments
Here are the answers to the most frequently asked questions about yoga:
- Yoga is not a religion, as it has no founder or person to tell us the dos and don’ts.
- Yoga is for self-transformation, to help us find out the truth on our own.
- Yoga is not all about flexibility, if it’s so, then the dancers and gymnastics will be the greatest yoga practitioners.
- The ultimate goal for doing yoga is not just for weight loss. Yoga can be beneficial and may aid to weight loss, but the most important is how good and healthy we feel about ourselves inside.
- Anyone can practice yoga.
- We do not have to give up our lifestyles to start practicing yoga.
- To understand what yoga is all about, it is best to experience yoga ourselves.
The word Yoga is derived from the Sanskrit word yuj, which means ‘to join’. In our modern society, yoga can benefit and balance our body, mind and emotions, thus to achieve harmonization.
Here’s a picture of me from last year, sitting in the central park in New York, reading ‘psychology today’ and day dreaming a bit.🙂