Answer to the most frequently asked question from my lovely new students and beginner’s class description
July 22, 2011 § Leave a comment
I would like to do Yoga, but I am very stiff, not sure if I could finish the class.
Glad to hear that you would like to try yoga ; my videos have only covered partially about what yoga is. The three videos are demonstrations of some asanas, mainly at intermediate to advanced level. The latest 15 minutes video with 14 poses is an example of what I would teach to an intermediate class. Beginner’s class videos will be coming soon.🙂
The ultimate goal for doing yoga is to feel happy and good about ourselves from inside out, and to achieve body, mind and emotional harmonization. Yoga is not a competition, as there are always someone out there stronger and better.
If you experience any fatigue during the class, it is absolutely ok to pause and rest. It is more important that we are breathing correctly.
Here’s an example of my beginners class design:
- 5 minutes of guided deep relaxation
- Simple neck exercises, this is especially good for people that are sitting in the offices for long hours.
- Hand Raising Pose, another simple and easy exercise
- Hand to Foot Pose. Easy stretching to the spine and hamgstrings, good for releasing tension.
- Leg lifting: strengthens the abdominal and lower back muscles.
- Cobra pose (without holding), easy backbends
- Child pose, it relaxes the body and feels very good
- Child and cobra poses, combines these two together
- Equestrian pose
- Standing forward bend
- Easy Side bend
- Guided final deep relaxation, 10 minutes.
For private lessons, I would design more specific asana sequences to suit individual levels.
If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. :-)